The Village Hall Trust was formed to organise and arrange…
MAINTENANCE – co-ordinating the on-going maintenance (cleaning, repairs, painting, decorating, etc)
FUNDRAISING – maintaining a continued programme of fund raising events to ensure sufficient funds are available to cover above expenditures
HIRING OF THE HALL’S FACILITIES – coordinating private and group hirings
GENERAL MANAGEMENT- organising Theatre and Entertainments Licences, Insurances, Fire and Health and Safety inspections, Grant Applications, etc, etc
The work of the Village Hall Trust has included:
- Major roofing repairs, including new soffits and facias
- Double Glazing
- Installation of Disabled facilities
- Refurbishment of cloakrooms and kitchen
- Resurfacing Car Park areas
- External Lighting
- New curtains and hard flooring to kitchen, lobby and cloakrooms
- Upgrades to heating in the main hall, including the recent installation of wall mounted fan heaters.
- Improvements to storage facilities (boarding out loft, installation of loft ladder and new shelving)
- Electrical repairs and up-grades
- Regular redecoration throughout
- Emergency Lighting – replacements
- The purchase of 2 Marquees for outdoor events
- New replacement tables, chairs, cutlery, crockery, …..
And to keep costs at the minimum, the majority of the works were carried out by Trust members and volunteers. Thanks to EVERYONE who’s helped!